[asterisk-dev] segmentation fault

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Wed Oct 29 09:11:08 CDT 2008

----- "jonathan augenstine" <jaugenstine at gmail.com> wrote:

> Basically what I am trying to do is to play my own music on hold to
> callers waiting in a queue.  During that call I want to be able to
> collect DTMF from the caller so that I can change audio files that I
> am playing back to the caller.

If you take a look at the existing musiconhold code (res_musiconhold), MOH already has a mode (mode=files) in which in will play sound files.  Also, there is a feature (in 1.6, anyway) where MOH can watch for digits from the caller on hold, and switch which type of MOH is being played.  You could modify this code a bit so that when you see digits, you switch what files are being used for MOH.

It's a hack, but it could work.  Also, if you're trying to build a big IVR and not just something basic, then hacking it in there is going to be a big pain.  At least it's possible...

Being able to easily customize the handling of callers waiting in a queue has come up a number of times in high level design discussions for the next generation Queue implementation.  Doing it today isn't easy, unless you go off and build your own Queue implementation outside of Asterisk (which has been done a number of times, but is non-trivial).

--
Russell Bryant
Senior Software Engineer