[asterisk-dev] Application/Function configuration parsing

Nir Simionovich nir.simionovich at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 17:29:41 CDT 2008

Hi All,

  I've been trying to read how Asterisk applications or functions relate
to specific configuration files,
however, I was unable to figure out a single methodology to do so. I may
be missing something here,
but as I'm trying to write an application that relies on a configuration
file, this point kinda got me stuck.

  My general application description is available at
http://www.simionovich.com/?page_id=94, and I
would highly appreciate it is you could please point me to some example
that may help me out in a
simple and clear way. I've tried chan_sip.c to figure out how the
configuration section works, but as
I said, I got stuck (My C is a little rusty, I have to admit).

  All the rest of the application is working already, in relation to
performing the actual XML-RPC
request (on a dummy request format of course).

Cheers,
  Nir S