[asterisk-dev] bweschke: branch 1.4 r150816 - /branches/1.4/main/manager.c

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Sun Oct 19 23:06:43 CDT 2008

BJ Weschke wrote:

>  With the current patch, we only take on the hit on performance on the
> execution of a manager GetVar action when it's determined that the
> varname is likely a function. If we move this logic into the guts of
> ast_func_read proper, isn't that a much larger creep on the scope of
> that performance hit?

I believe Russell's proposal was to just modify the dialplan functions
themselves to safely abort if no channel is present; this is a simple
check for the channel pointer being NULL or non-NULL, so it's quick and
easy. This would avoid *ever* needing to create a dummy channel for the
function to use.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Director of Software Technologies