[asterisk-dev] [asterisk-commits] eliel: branch group/appdocsxml r150561 - in /team/group/appdocsxml: ./ includ...

Eliel Sardañons eliel at eliel.net
Sun Oct 19 08:22:07 CDT 2008

Thanks for the feedback,
                I think there is a big architectural issue here, and
don't know why it was thought in this way, maybe I am missing
something, but I don't get the way we are loading the documentation.
We are populating ->synopsis, ->syntax, ->description, etc (when we
don't find the original static doc) with the correct language chosen
by the user. Why we don't load the documentation every time it is
needed? so, only when a 'core show application/function ... ' CLI
command is issued (and only generate the output for that app), so it
is not needed to have all the documentation in memory. Also with this
change we will be able to change the default language at runtime like:
core show application Answer language es_ES

for Kevin's feedback: Yes, I will do that (Now I understand the aa_BB
:-) schema )

for Tzafrir: Yes thats the idea, but the problem right now is how we
are loading the documentation and for me is not the desired way. If I
start generating the documentation when asked for it, we will have
much power and less memory being used. I don't understand your
question about statically-linked asterisk, the modules are still there
and will continue to register applications/functions and is there
where we are loading the docs (for now).

Thanks for the feedback! and waiting for this change to be approved.

Eliel Sardanons
LU1ALY