[asterisk-dev] compling asterisk with uclibc 0.9.29

Ming-Ching Tiew mctiew at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 17 10:00:56 CDT 2008

--- On Fri, 10/17/08, Russell Bryant <russell at digium.com> wrote:

> From: Russell Bryant <russell at digium.com>
> Subject: Re: [asterisk-dev] compling asterisk with uclibc 0.9.29
> Date: Friday, October 17, 2008, 12:13 PM
> On Oct 17, 2008, at 5:05 AM, Ming-Ching Tiew wrote:
> > However, if I run it with :-
> >
> >  # asterisk -v
> >
> > The prompt will never return, but there is a
> /var/run/asterisk.ctl
> > created and from the process listing, I could see that
> there are
> > many many asterisk threads/processes created.
> >
> > Because the uclibc has many tweakable CONFIG options,
> I am pretty
> > sure it is one of the options which causes this
> behaviour. Anyone
> > has idea at which point that asterisk is blocking at ?
>

> You're seeing expected behavior.  If you run asterisk
> with -v like
> that, it will not fork off to the background.
>
> --

OK perhaps it behaves correctly when I do

           # asterisk -v

However, why is it that it is not behaving correctly
with
           # asterisk

It forks off to the background, but I waited for
a long time, I could only see that asterisk created 3 threads
( which appears in process listings ) and there is
no /var/run/asterisk.ctl created !

Any suggestion for areas to look at and investigate ?

Regards.

Regards.