[asterisk-dev] Asterisk XML Documentation (Other XML sources)

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Thu Oct 16 15:29:48 CDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 02:28:39PM -0300, Eliel Sardañons wrote:
> Hello list,
>      I am writing here to get some feedback about how to handle other XML
> documentation sources like "addons" and other extra files where we could be
> able to find (application/functions) XML documentation. The idea is to add a
> configuration context inside asterisk.conf of the form:
>
> [documentation]
> language => en_US
> source => core
> source => addons
> source => anotherextra

What will you use if you have several languages?

asterisk.conf is becoming over-crowded.

Also, who is responsible for setting the language: the asterisk daemon
or a remote asterisk client?

> So, asterisk will search inside PATH/core-en_US.xml, PATH/addons-en_US.xml
> and PATH/anotherextra-en_US.xml to find the XML documentation when needed.
> Right now core is being hardcoded inside the code (uggh), with this form we
> will be able to add as many sources as needed, then in asterisk-addons we
> will be able (in the make install) to generate the "addons-language.xml"
> file. And if we added our application from outside the source tree we will
> be able to create an xml file and just insert the name in asterisk.conf.
>
> Sorry for my poor english. Hope you to understand the idea.
>
> Thanks in advanced

Is it a read-only file (and hence belongs under the datadir) or a
writable file (and hence in the varlibdir)?

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com