[asterisk-dev] fatal app_fax error in asterisk16 -- ‘fax_state_t’ has no member named ‘t30_state’

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Wed Oct 15 04:41:29 CDT 2008

Tobias Wolf wrote:

> In this case i would like to see the information with the asterisk
> sources, maybe a README for app_fax:
>
> # Works with spandsp <0.0.4pre2
>
> or something like that.

This is not really possible; when a version of Asterisk is released, we
can include the version of spandsp that the code was compiled/tested
with, but there's no practical way to go back and change the README when
a new version of spandsp gets released that isn't compatible.

Unfortunately it appears that the CHANGES file doesn't even list app_fax
as a new addition at all, which is an oversight on our part. I can tell
you that the app_fax code was tested with spandsp 0.0.5-preX when it was
first merged into asterisk-addons and then again when it was moved into
mainline. The configure script does check for spandsp to be at least
that new, but doesn't know about newer versions that aren't compatible,
although we can change that for the next set of releases.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Director of Software Technologies