[asterisk-dev] Introduction to ASA - the Asterisk Security Architecture

Johansson Olle E oej at edvina.net
Tue Oct 14 06:28:00 CDT 2008

14 okt 2008 kl. 12.57 skrev Vadim Lebedev:

> Johansson Olle E wrote:
>> Friends,
>> I've collected some notes and ideas and produced yet another PDF for
>> you to look at, read and then discuss.
>>
>> http://edvina.net/asterisk/asa-intro.pdf
>>

> Ole
>
> What do you think about possibility to use PAM for  authentication?

Authentication schemes depend on the actual application. PAM might work
in some cases, but for instance not with SIP, since to calculate the
MD5 hash,
SIP needs the password in clear text, which I belive PAM would not
deliver.
If it does, I'm worried... ;-)

Having said that, PAM might work for manager auth (but again not for
the MD5 version)
and other Asterisk applications.

/Olle