[asterisk-dev] Introduction to ASA - the Asterisk Security Architecture

Grey Man greymanvoip at gmail.com
Tue Oct 14 05:07:02 CDT 2008

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 3:45 PM, Johansson Olle E <oej at edvina.net> wrote:

> I don't think you've read the document. This goes way beyond what
> you can control in the dialplan. One of the things you can't control
> there is SIP transfers and subscripts, just as an example. Or manager
> actions.
>
> /O

I read it.

I didn't find the requirements compelling enough to embark on massive
re-architecture operation. You are very correct that there are some
things that currently can't be controlled with Asterisk and SIP
transfers is the classic one, a great addition to Asterisk would be
able to control which contexts are permitted to accept SIP transfers.
However I think that's muddying the water a bit there is a form of
authorisation in Asterisk already and rather then launch of into a new
bells and whistles design (which software engineers, including myself,
are wont to do) the requirements really should be solidified and get
some feedback from the non-developer Asterisk community about how
compelling they are.

You asked for feedback and that's mine. If you didn't want dissenting
views you should have said ;-).

Regards,

Greyman.