[asterisk-dev] Introduction to ASA - the Asterisk Security Architecture

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Mon Oct 13 09:27:09 CDT 2008

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 02:12:39PM +0200, Johansson Olle E wrote:
> Friends,
> I've collected some notes and ideas and produced yet another PDF for
> you to look at, read and then discuss.
>
> http://edvina.net/asterisk/asa-intro.pdf

So a channel has to have a single user and domain. And perhaps multiple
groups.

The domain name is an arbitrary string. But meaningful for some channel
drivers. VoIP channels may try to resolve it. Can you give an example of
a place where knowing the domain helps?

What do we gain from the privileges model of multiple groups? Do you
actually mean that every group membership should translate to some
specific permission?

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com