[asterisk-dev] AstriDevCon - PineMango

Nir Simionovich nir.simionovich at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 06:49:13 CDT 2008

Agreed, so it must be in the architecture - but as you may have noticed from
my
previous email, I raised the issue of what is the proper architecture, I'm
not
sure that having a layer of AA services is the proper way to go.

If the AA services are a mandatory layer, we risk making things more
complicated
for standalone application developers. Going to the other side, if I'm a
service
provider, I would really like to tie that AA layer to an existing AAA
infrastructure
that I may already have deployed, such as RADIUS or DIAMETER.

I think that the best track to take would be to go about and include that
AA mechanism as an API with pluggable modules, allowing for additional AA
mechanisms to be plugged in. If we've already gone the distance to include
it,
no point in not doing in such a way that would appeal to the Big Boys too. I
know
for fact that carriers in Israel hadn't adopted Asterisk fully due to its
lack
of RADIUS/DIAMETER support.

Please consider the diagram currently posted in the wiki.

Cheers,
  Nir S