[asterisk-dev] Calendaring API

Daniel Hazelbaker daniel at highdesertchurch.com
Wed Oct 8 11:19:49 CDT 2008

On Oct 8, 2008, at 12:52 AM, John Todd wrote:

> To top-summarize:
>
> I was thinking a bit about the caching issue.  Perhaps there is a way
> to temporarily cache and refresh unnamed calendars automatically?  In
> the [general] section of calendars.conf, there might be something
> like this:

I am not up on CalDAV, but as I understand it it is just built on top
of HTTP.  Wouldn't it be possible to use the same methods that web
browsers use to determine if a web page has changed since the last
time it was retrieved and parsed?  If it hasn't changed we use the in-
memory cache, if it has then we retrieve it again.  I would still have
a "forcecached" option to make a calendar be cached no matter what for
x period of time if desired.  Most calendars don't get updated all
that often, others (especially depending on client) might get updated
all the time even if nothing actually changes.

Daniel