[asterisk-dev] MeetMe module MOH support

jonathan augenstine jaugenstine at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 16:44:01 CDT 2008

I have a question about the MeetMe module.  I am doing some work for a
company that is related to the music on hold capability within Asterisk.
The requirement is that each caller who is placed into the MOH have a unique
connection and that will respond to DTMF entries.  Testing and code review
reveals that the conferencing is not interactive and is the same experience
for all callers.  I am investigating the possibility of creating a module
that would branch from the app_meetme.c and support each caller having a
unique MOH connection that supports DTMF.  My question is this - was the
decision to implement MOH on this module because of difficulties in
implementing a connection per caller or because of the expediency and
resource saving factor of only having one MOH connection for the entire
conference?

Jonathan