[asterisk-dev] How to keep the connection with AMI interface active?

caif~ caif at qq.com
Mon Oct 6 03:48:42 CDT 2008

Hi, I have written a program to connect AMI via port 5038. It works well, but every time after a few hours the connection seems to be closed, and there is no reponse after I sent request to Asterisk AMI or get innumerable empty stream when I read the input stream.
Dose Asterisk AMI close the connection with my program after a few hours?
Do I need to keep sending ping to keep the connection active?
PS: I am using Java socket. The version of Asterisk is 1.4.20-1.
Any comment will be greate appreciated! Thank you very much!