[asterisk-dev] where are aliases processed?

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sun Oct 5 05:06:31 CDT 2008

On Sun, Oct 05, 2008 at 05:27:02AM -0400, Steve Totaro wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 5, 2008 at 5:25 AM, Steve Totaro <stotaro at totarotechnologies.com

> My favorite was to get Zaptel to compile and install, you had to do a
> menuselect and remove the Xorcom stuff or Asterisk/Zaptel no worky.

This was a bug. Resolved in the next release. Sadly not a point release.

It was induced by RHEL changing stuff in their "2.6.18" kernel.
Those who did not use RHEL 5.2-based kernel were unaffected. The root
cause is the fact that Zaptel is an external kernel module. But I don't
see that changing any time soon. (mISDN is slowly getting into the
kernel, after some revisions. Maybe others as well).

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com