[asterisk-dev] where are aliases processed?

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sun Oct 5 04:17:08 CDT 2008

I was testing something with both asterisk 1.4 and trunk. I had 1.4
running, and then installed trunk over it. I tried to tell it to stop:

  $ asterisk -rx 'stop now'
  No such command 'cli quit after stop now' (type 'help cli quit' for other possible commands)

So aparantly the client-side asterisk was smart enough to know that
"stop now" is deprecated (or not supported anymore?) and translated it
to something that is more civilized. Sadly the version on the server
side is not the same.

Which is a nice way to ruin an upgrade.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen