[asterisk-dev] apply_plan_to_number() in chan_zap.c

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Fri Nov 28 14:38:47 CST 2008

I've been doing some playing with the various ISDN dialplan prefixes that
can be set in zapata.conf, making PRI calls from one asterisk span to
another, and also looking at the relevant code in chan_zap.c / chan_dahdi.c.

I see that when a call SETUP is being processed, apply_plan_to_number()
is invoked for the calling number, the calling ANI and the redirectingnum,
but NOT on the called number.

I was wondering whether there is a reason it was not applied to the called
number, or if this is just an oversight. (I realise that there are very few
situations where the TON supplied by the telco would vary between calls)

It would be nice if the called party number could be canonicalised in the
same way as CLID, ANI and RDINS.

Looking for comparison at the SS7 code in the trunk version of chan_dahdi.c,
it looks like the called number IS processed with ss7_apply_plan_to_number()
so it would probably make sense to add this to the ISDN code too.

Comments?

Cheers
Tony
--