[asterisk-dev] Feedback request: cli-permissions

Terry Wilson twilson at digium.com
Wed Nov 26 11:21:11 CST 2008

After lots of work and several revisions, eliel has his cli-
permissions branch to the point where it needs to be considered for
merging.  The purpose of the branch is to allow and asterisk
administrator to selectively allow/disallow CLI commands to certain
logged in users/groups.  Coming from an ITSP background where we had
engineers and tech support who sometimes needed access to the asterisk
CLI when debugging a problem, but not wanting to give the tech support
people the ability to take down the system accidentally, I very
enthusiastically support its merging.

So, it would be nice if we could get some more eyes to look it over
and see what everyone thinks about it from an architectural
standpoint, etc.  Thanks for your input!  It can be found at: http://reviewboard.digium.com/r/11/

Terry