[asterisk-dev] MASTER CLOCK selection for ZAP/DAHDI span does not work (always 1st active span...)

Felipe Bergo fbergo at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 06:25:18 CST 2008

In my experience with digium boards, after a red and/or yellow alarm the
driver ignores the previous span setting and synchronizes the span to
whatever clock first became available when the alarm condition is gone,
usually the board's internal clock (and in most cases we want the board to
sync to the remote clock in these situations).

If you run /usr/sbin/dahdi_cfg, it'll probably reset the sync source to the
proper setting of /etc/dahdi/system.conf.

In my (non-asterisk) applications, I monitor the span for alarms and issue a
DAHDI_SPANCONFIG ioctl after any red/yellow alarms are cleared (else the
driver syncs to the wrong source regardless of system.conf or previous
DAHDI_SPANCONFIG calls).

I don't know whether the semantics of alarm recovery are meant to work like
this (design decision), but working around it is somewhat trivial from the
programmer's point of view.

-- Felipe Bergo
Labcom Sistemas, Campinas, SP, Brazil