[asterisk-dev] AMI originate - 2 callerid (local and remote)

Stephen Coles scoles at wellpak.co.uk
Mon Nov 24 09:04:19 CST 2008

In the originate command you can set callerID - there should be 2 one
for local and one for the remote side of the connection

Am using the originate command to dial a number to my phone - I have to
set it up so my phone comes up with my extension and name for it to show
my extension and name on the phone I'm calling (unlike when you dial
direct from the phone).

I would like to show that the phone is being dialled by the computer on
my phone or even the party I'm dialling and then my name and number to
show on the remote phone

An example of the originate command with 2 caller id's:

Action: originate

Channel: SIP/220

Exten: 321654

Callerid_local: "Computer Dial: Bob Smith" <321654>

Callerid_remote: "Steve" <01231453123>

This would then show Computer Dial: Bob Smith <321654> on my phone and
on the bob smith's phone (the phone number I'm dialling) Steve
01231453123

Callerid_local and callerid_remote could be called CallerID_Channel and
CallerID_Exten to keep them in line with the other asterisk variables
used.

Stephen Coles
 IT Services
 Wellpak(UK) Ltd

Tel:

	+44 (0)1386 768200

	Address:

	Enterprise Way
Vale Business Park
Evesham WR11 1GS

Fax:

+44 (0)1386 768300

Email:

scoles at wellpak.co.uk <mailto:scoles at wellpak.co.uk>

Website:

www.wellpak.co.uk <http://www.wellpak.co.uk>

The information contained in this message or any of its attachments may
be privileged and confidential, and is intended exclusively for the
addressee.
The views expressed may not be official policy, but the personal views
of the originator. If you are not the addressee, any disclosure,
reproduction, dissemination or use of this communication is not
authorised. If you have received this message in error, please advise
the sender by using the reply facility in your e-mail software.

Wellpak (UK) Limited: Registration #3124635. Registered office:
Enterprise Way, Vale Business Park, Evesham WR11 1GS, England.