[asterisk-dev] [design] FreeBSD 4 compatibility (va_copy usage)

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Tue Nov 18 15:51:36 CST 2008

I'd like to remove FreeBSD 4 compatibility as of release 1.6.1.  The reason
for this is that FreeBSD 4 does not have the va_copy macro, which is making
programming a little difficult now.  Already, FreeBSD 4 is not supported when
you turn on MALLOC_DEBUG or when you use res_config_odbc, as va_copy is
required for these.

For the record, FreeBSD is currently at release 7.0 and has had va_copy since
5.0.  Also, va_copy was in the C99 standard, which we already require for
other purposes.  Does anybody have an issue with this design change?

--
Tilghman