[asterisk-dev] sip notify - add message body (bug 12962)

Terry Wilson twilson at digium.com
Mon Nov 17 08:35:27 CST 2008

> I found bug 12962 which has been suspended to address a need that I
> have.  After some packet captures to see why my Cisco 79x1 phones were
> not resetting with the build in notify, I found that there are
> instructions given in the message body.  Attached is a patch for
> 1.6.0.1 that is based on bug 12962, except in a unified format...  I
> can also supply a SVN patch, but I don't have any way of testing
> (beyond compilation).  I would like to see 12962 resolved and this
> feature added so others can remotely reboot the Cisco 79x1 phones when
> needed!

You can try re-opening the bug and posting the patch there (or
creating a new issue), but it looks like oej, snuffy, and tilghman all
agreed that this functionality should be moved into a dialplan app
instead of a CLI command.  But, at the very least, the path would need
to be attached to a bug so that we could verify a license disclaimer,
etc. since we don't handle patches through the mailing list.  Thanks
for taking an interest in getting this added.

Terry