[asterisk-dev] tilghman: branch 1.4 r156755 - /branches/1.4/apps/app_while.c

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Fri Nov 14 07:22:20 CST 2008

SVN commits to the Digium repositories wrote:
> Author: tilghman
> Date: Thu Nov 13 18:41:37 2008
> New Revision: 156755

> Log:
> ast_waitfordigit() requires that the channel be up, for no good logical
> reason.  This prevents While/EndWhile from working within the "h"
> extension.

Actually, I think this behavior makes perfect sense.  Every channel API
call in Asterisk behaves this way.  This API call assumes the channel to
be up, because it's hard to read digits from a channel that isn't up.
:-)  API calls that have this requirement all return -1 as soon as
possible to indicate that the call has been hung up, and that the
appropriate post-hangup cleanup procedures should be done now.

--
Russell Bryant
Senior Software Engineer