[asterisk-dev] SRTP Status and Plans for Asterisk 1.6.x

Andreas Sikkema h323 at ramdyne.nl
Tue Nov 11 11:21:11 CST 2008

On Nov 11, 2008, at 10:02 AM, Johansson Olle E wrote:

> The big issue, which is where this stands, is whether we want
> to support Asterisk as part of a SIP infrastructure or if the model
> only is "connect local phones to Asterisk, use PSTN out".

I think it's a bit too late for making such a decision. I know of
several telecom operators using Asterisk within their VoIP platforms.

Maybe the whole TLS/SRTP usage should be limited for the "3 phones and
a PSTN card" scenario, but the rest of Asterisk is way, way beyond
that point. I'd say 4 years at least.

--
Andreas Sikkema