[asterisk-dev] CLI manager logout

Clod Patry cpatry at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 08:09:33 CST 2008

Kevin,
you're totaly right here, I really forgot that point.
What do you propose? "all matching sessions" means simply logout x from ip ?
that will disconnect each session matching a specific username and ip.
This will let the opportunity to the * administrator to manage the
user (change password, delete user, etc).

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 8:31 AM, Kevin P. Fleming <kpfleming at digium.com> wrote:
> Clod Patry wrote:
>
>> not really, since you can have many "y" connected from the same ip.
>> and with a manager logout y from x.x.x.x, which one it's gonna logout?
>
> How would the person at the Asterisk CLI have any clue *which* session
> they want to logout? If an unexpected user is logged in (or from an
> unexpected IP), it's highly likely that *all* matching sessions should
> be logged out. There's just no way the CLI user is going to say "oh,
> these two sessions from user l3et_hax0r are OK, but this third one is not".
>
> --
> Kevin P. Fleming
> Director of Software Technologies
> Digium, Inc. - "The Genuine Asterisk Experience" (TM)

Clod Patry