[asterisk-dev] SRTP Status and Plans for Asterisk 1.6.x

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Sun Nov 9 10:40:43 CST 2008

On Nov 9, 2008, at 10:24 AM, Stefan Tichy wrote:
> I applied the Secure RTP patch from bugtracker ID 0005413 to
> asterisk 1.6.1-beta1. Basically it works for calls from one phone to
> another, but there has been no development on this patch for some
> time.

It's nice to hear that it worked for you.  Others have reported
problems with it.

> Are there plans to add SRTP to astersik with some 1.6.x Version?
> I think there was some information on that issue available but I am
> not shure and cannot find it any more.

It is definitely high on our list of new things that we would like to
get completed.  However, it is not actively being worked on today, we
have not committed to having it done for a specific version yet.

--
Russell Bryant
Senior Software Engineer