[asterisk-dev] Asterisk Voicemail Test Results

Vikas Chander vikas.chander at rancoretech.com
Sat Nov 8 04:57:32 CST 2008

> > Test Objective: Asterisk load testing for voicemail depositing and
> > voicemail retrieval.
> >
> > Asterisk version:  1.4.21.2
> > OS: RHEL kernel 2.6.18-53.el5
> > Test H/W: i686: AMD Athlon 64 X 2 Dual Core Processor at 2.1 GHz,
> > with 1 GB RAM
> > Test tool: SIPP with pcap was used for generating pcma RTP traffic.

> One of the biggest contributing factors to Voicemail performance (and
> call recording/playback in general) is the details of the storage
> backend.  This information has been omitted for your report.  There is
> a lot of optimization that can be done in this area ...

Hi Russell,

The storage backend was linux file system. (asterisk default)

However we are about to go for MySQL storage backend - for configuration
information and voicemail messages both.

Can you provide links/suggestions in these threads of backend performance
increase and integration of MySQL (for voicemail).

TIA,

Vikas.