[asterisk-dev] bypass zaptel/dadhi signaling detection

Kelvin Chan kelvinc at positronics.com
Fri Nov 7 17:23:34 CST 2008

Hi list,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask. If not, please point me to the right list. Thanks.

I'm working on a new asterisk chan/app, whatever works, to interface to a dedicated lease line for tone controlled land mobile radio BS/repeater. I want to use asterisk as a radio switch to interconnect different radios connected thru different lease lines. App_rpt doesn't work cuz it doesn't support tone controlled device so I need to roll my own.

I need a hardware interface to bring audio from the lease line to asterisk so that I can process it. I'm thinking something in zaptel/dahdi. Since zaptel device is designed to detect PSTN signaling, I can't just connect my lease lines into zaptel device and hope it works. Is there a way in asterisk or zaptel/dadhi driver to bypass signaling detection so that I can get audio from zaptel all the time into asterisk?

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Kelvin Chan               | Positronics Ent.
Product Development       |
                          | unit 272
604-628-9330 (direct)     | 8128 128th St.
604-585-2119 at 104 (main)   | Surrey, BC
604-585-3056 (fax)        | Canada, V3W 1R1