[asterisk-dev] doubt on app_meetme's AMI command parsing meetme.conf

Caio Begotti caio at ueberalles.net
Thu Nov 6 17:08:19 CST 2008

Hi there,

A friend of mine is working on an alternative to FOP (monast.sf.net)
and he wanted to have all meetme conference rooms available visually
so he could drag and drop extensions to it, adding them to the room,
even though the rooms are empty. However, there's no such way to know
that because this information is only available when there is somebody
inside the room (because he/she already joined it, putting the meetme
room on memory with all its information etc).

I wrote a small patch which adds an AMI command for that (MeetmeList
only list users in a givem room, MeetmeListRooms would list the rooms
and their parameters, that's what I did) but it requires parsing
meetme.conf due the problem I mentioned above...

Is it too bad and would not be accepted or can I file a bug with it
anyway?

If not, is there an alternative way to that so information of empty
rooms can be retrieved correctly? I see meetme.conf is parsed twice
already: on module load and every time someone joins a meetme room, so
I wonder if it's too hackish to add a third parsing...

Thoughts? :-) []s

Caio Begotti
<caio.ueberalles.net>