[asterisk-dev] Adding netfilter NATting/ALG support to chan_rtp

Johansson Olle E oej at edvina.net
Thu Nov 6 14:06:18 CST 2008

6 nov 2008 kl. 21.01 skrev Tzafrir Cohen:

> On Thu, Nov 06, 2008 at 10:20:19AM -0800, Philip Prindeville wrote:
>> Regarding my bug:
>>
>> http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=13833
>>
>> I just joined the mailing list, so if there's been any discussion
>> on how
>> to go about this, can someone bounce me a copy of the thread?
>>
>> Anyone put any thoughts into it?

In the discussions that I had with John at Astridevcon, we where
discussing
a generic interface to iptables/ipfw/pf through shell scripts. Might
be a way to
avoid licensing issues with iptables/netfilter.

I would recommend reading the doc John refers to in the bug report.

>> I'm not sure what the licensing difficulties are with netfilter.
>> Qwell:  can you explain that please?
>
> Any hope for this to run with Asterisk that does not run as root?

I don't think you can be allowed to modify firewall configs without
being root or having
root privileges somehow.

/O