[asterisk-dev] [Code Review] Implement ast_channel_search_locked to expensive per-notify channel walk in chan_sip

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Tue Nov 4 18:08:26 CST 2008

Brian Degenhardt wrote:
> That's what I was thinking, but I was wondering if Murf and Russell
> could comment on if that approach is adequate, or if we want to maintain
> a hashtab of channels keyed on linkedid, and insert/remove them from there.
>
> I'm sorta partial to your way, above.  While it's slower, we don't have
> to worry about maintaining the separate data structure which has the
> potential to get out of sync.  Especially since this code only runs if
> you care about LINKEDID_END events.

Yeah, I think that this is a suitable approach for now.  This will be
_much_ better than a channel walk loop.  I would very much prefer to go
this route until we get around to completely re-working ast_channel
object handling and the associated container(s).

--
Russell Bryant
Senior Software Engineer