[asterisk-dev] Notify with Caller ID

Johansson Olle E oej at edvina.net
Tue Nov 4 13:23:38 CST 2008

4 nov 2008 kl. 18.00 skrev SVN commits to the Digium repositories:

> Author: seanbright
> Date: Tue Nov  4 11:00:45 2008
> New Revision: 154187

> Log:
> Allow devices that accept dialog-info+xml (like snoms) to get the
> Caller ID of
> the calling party when subscribed to the state of an extension that
> is ringing.
> This has some limitations which are documented in sip.conf.sample.

Sean,

Implementing a channel walk for each notify was exactly the reason why
we have
not accepted all the patches for SNOM pickup... I don't really agree
with this,
unless there has been huge changes to channel walks.

We have to get the information from the source, the sending channel,
instead of retrieving it in the actual notify. There's a couple of items
we want to add as attachments in that case, so we might want to
discuss this.

If this code was in the bug tracker, I would not accept it for the
same reasons
we did not accept the SNOM pickup code.

/O