[asterisk-dev] size of debug information in zaptel/dahdi

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Mon Nov 3 07:44:18 CST 2008

On Sun, Nov 02, 2008 at 01:45:22PM +0200, Tzafrir Cohen wrote:

> They remain almost non-affected.
>
> Is this a sign that I'm doing something wrong? Should the debug info end
> up elsewhere? We create too much of it?

There was no size reduction because.... because they were not built with
-g :-)

I got those statistics on a Debian Etch system. But then observed the
behaviour for other modules on my Debian Lenny laptop. It seems that
somewhere between those two versions, Debian reverted to not building
kernel/modules with debug information (CONFIG_DEBUG_INFO . Look for it
in the main kernel Makefile).

But then again, there is one explicit -g in the zaptel and dahdi-linux
trees: xpp/Kbuild . Well. Ahem.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com