[asterisk-dev] [asterisk-commits] kpfleming: trunk r149384 - /trunk/apps/app_stack.c

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Sun Nov 2 17:06:06 CST 2008

Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> I have an issue with this commit.  The whole point of the special code in the
> load and unload routines was to allow app_stack to be loaded even in the
> absence of res_agi.so.  Was there a specific reason that this dependency was
> needed (a platform link issue, for example)?

Well, it most definitely won't work (won't even link) if the modules are
being embedded, because the symbols provided by res_agi can't be
resolved. In addition, it won't work on any platform that doesn't do
'lazy' resolution of the symbols in a dynamically loaded module, for the
same reason.

I'm also not thrilled about app_stack forcing res_agi to be loaded even
if the admin didn't want it to be; that's certainly a potential
surprise. I'll try to rework this in a way that will always act in the
way users expect.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Director of Software Technologies