[asterisk-dev] [asterisk-commits] kpfleming: branch 1.4 r153337 - in /branches/1.4: agi/ apps/ channels/ format...

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Sat Nov 1 17:07:18 CDT 2008

Luigi Rizzo wrote:

> some of the changes ni this patch (e.g. printf arguments) are definitely
> correct and welcome.
> Some of the others, unfortunately, are just silencing the compiler without
> really fixing the underlying problems, so it would be good to take this chance
> to fix the code in the right way.

There is no doubt that is true; however, correctly fixing each one of
these cases would require a fairly significant effort, and nobody even
*cared* about all these cases until now, as they weren't (as far as we
know) the sources of any actual problems in production systems.

I'd be fine with tagging all the suspect fixes with some sort of comment
that indicates to everyone that they need further study, so that if
someone is really interested in working on them they will know where to
look.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Director of Software Technologies