[asterisk-dev] temporary file names for monitor files

Johan Wilfer johan at wilfer.se
Fri May 30 14:27:39 CDT 2008

John Lange wrote:
> Well ok then! That is exactly the way it should be done. No need for a
> new patch.
>
> I'm glad I asked because I've never heard of that option before.
>
> Thanks

Neither had I until yesterday... :-)
I tried to migrate to store my recordings on a NFS and noticed that the
recordings become crappy. It's like you record in 2x speed.
Very strange. I don't know if this is a bug in Asterisk or the NFS
client / server. All other operations (like copying files, play recordings
from the NFS with Asterisk) works well except recording in Asterisk...
Then I stumbled on this parameter that was intended for use with NFS.

If someone encountered similar problems I would be happy to know how to
resolve them.. Probably I will try this method.
/Johan