[asterisk-dev] Asterisk 1.6 Realtime Database must use ', ' not '|' in appdata field?

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Thu May 29 23:27:08 CDT 2008

On Thursday 29 May 2008 23:05:17 RE Kushner List Account wrote:
> Dmitry Andrianov wrote:
> > Why hotel chain would upgrade their Asterisk with no reason? For just
> > bug fixes they can stay with the same release branch (just getting new
> > point-releases) and no applications wil be discontinued.
>
> I doubt that in 10 years bug fixes or exploit patches are going to be
> released for Asterisk 1.0, 1.2, 1.4 or even 1.6....

Perhaps not from the Asterisk development team, but under the distribution
license, nobody else is prevented from doing so.  Try doing that with a
proprietary system, where, even if you could get access to the source, you
don't have the right to modify, distribute, or use it.

I used to have a customer who was gradually moving his entire operations over
to Asterisk, because his existing system had some very large bugs in it, he
knew it, and he could not do anything about it, because the company behind the
software had shut down years before, and he did not have access to the source.

--
Tilghman