[asterisk-dev] Asterisk 1.6 Realtime Database must use ', ' not '|' in appdata field?

Ward Mundy wardmundy at gmail.com
Wed May 28 13:18:25 CDT 2008

Re: "The only thing I can see being construed as a 'personal attack' is
'Maybe keep Mr. Lesher in check.' But I feel he was not representing
Digium properly."

Poor Mr. Lesher. Here's a little snippet from the simultaneous IRC
thread the other day to give you a feel for how warmly  received
suggestions are. Little wonder that there isn't much feedback except
between the developers themselves.

You'll recall that, before the flaming accusation was made, the only
suggestion with respect to Asterisk 1.6 that was made was that 1.6
support both the comma AND the vertical bar in function calls from the
dialplan rather than just blowing everyone's 1.2 and 1.4 dialplans out
of the water. What heresy! Both forms of punctuation were supported as
far back as Asterisk 1.2... just the other way around. So judge for
yourself who the flamer really was. Here was the IRC response:

"[08:38] <Corydon76-dig> If you hadn't seen yet, Ward Mundy is now on
the -dev list, flaming people
[08:39] <Qwell> Corydon76-dig: he's a cool guy, I hear
[08:39] <file> drumkilla: awful because everything done is Digium's
fault and we do it just to make people upset
[08:39] <Corydon76-dig> Qwell: you wouldn't know it, from the stuff he posts
[08:40] <Corydon76-dig> Do you remember Limbaugh saying that feminism
was to give ugly women a chance in life?
[08:41] <Corydon76-dig> The blogosphere is giving idiots a chance at life..."

Can't help wondering how long Mr. Lesher would remain on the Digium
payroll if he broke as many hardware interfaces with his new creations
as he does existing software applications.