[asterisk-dev] Asterisk 1.6 Realtime Database must use ', ' not '|'

Benny Amorsen benny+usenet at amorsen.dk
Sat May 24 16:01:01 CDT 2008

Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com> writes:

> On Sat, May 24, 2008 at 01:37:48AM +0200, Benny Amorsen wrote:

>> The only thing I wish is that there was a good validation tool for
>> extensions.conf, so errors were caught early rather than a month later
>> when a little-used feature in the dial plan breaks. (Usually the
>> holiday function, so you get calls from unhappy customers when you're
>> trying to be on vacation.)
>
> So let Asterisk do the parsing for you.
>
> Given a specific line in the dialplan (at run time), how can I tell if
> its syntax is valid?

At run time, you get something like:

 ast_expr2.fl: ast_yyerror():  syntax error: syntax error, unexpected
 '<', expecting $end; Input:

I'm not sure what you are asking. At run time Asterisk can tell if the
syntax is valid. If the code doesn't get run for a month, the error
doesn't get caught for a month.

It would be handy if a validation tool existed so that errors could be
caught as soon as the dial plan is loaded.

/Benny