[asterisk-dev] Issue 10417 - T.38 with devices behind NAT does not work in all circumstances

Raj Jain rj2807 at gmail.com
Thu May 22 08:15:15 CDT 2008

On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 8:51 AM, Joshua Colp <jcolp at digium.com> wrote:
> I agree. Which makes me wonder whether the device in question has the ability to specify external IP address for the SDP... if that was possible then changes in Asterisk to band-aid it would not be needed as we would just use that IP address.

Correct. That's the proper NAT traversal solution. The device would
use something like STUN to discover NAT's public IP (or maybe it can
be configured with NAT's public IP) and then it'll present that in its
SDP. If the device supports this capability, then nothing like that.
However, assuming that the device in question is not capable of doing
this and that T.38 devices normally behave this way, it probably makes
sense to put the band-aid in as long as it only affects the specific
case in point.

--
Raj Jain