[asterisk-dev] Strange characters in 1.4.20

John Lange john at johnlange.ca
Wed May 21 12:17:57 CDT 2008

Ok, so I've done another build and I'm getting the same thing.

This time I started asterisk with "asterisk -c". This server has never
had asterisk installed on it before so there is no chance of a stale
version laying around.

Filed as bug 12702 with screenshot.


John Lange

On Wed, 2008-05-21 at 10:54 -0500, Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> On Wednesday 21 May 2008 10:35:02 John Lange wrote:
> > I don't believe I did anything different on this install that I haven't
> > done a hundred times before.
> >
> > Just download the sources and make install across the board (Asterisk,
> > libpri, and zaptel).
> >
> > I'm doing another build later today on a different server, I'll let you
> > know if I see the same thing.
> Yes, but we've changed the protocol slightly in the communication between
> the main Asterisk daemon and remote consoles, to include a preamble on all
> verbose messages.  The main reason for doing this was to fix
> the "asterisk -rx 'command'" output, such that we weren't outputting verbose
> information to the console when all you needed was the output to some command.
> On some very busy Asterisk systems, this command would not even disconnect
> properly.
> If you're using an older remote console version, either because you're running
> it from some other location or because you did not restart the remote console
> after you installed and restarted Asterisk (such as with the -Rc remote
> console option), then you have version skew between the remote console and
> what is actually running as the daemon.
> The other possibility is that you've written your own remote console, which
> would mean that you need to adjust it for this slight change in communication
> protocol.

More information about the asterisk-dev mailing list