[asterisk-dev] AMR

Sergio Garcia Murillo sergio.garcia at fontventa.com
Fri May 16 06:33:58 CDT 2008

Tzafrir Cohen escribió:
> On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 12:42:22PM +0100, Steve Kennedy wrote:
>

>> The AMR decoder is free for "personal computer products".
>>

> That's only the "dec" part of the "codec"?
>
> Yet another reason for one-way-audio :-)
>
> (Yeah, I know that "free for personal use" != free)

Check this to add AMR support to Asterisk
http://sip.fontventa.com/svn/asterisk/amr/README

Also note that AMR codec is not a free codec and you would need to buy a
license if you plan to use it commercially:
http://www.voiceage.com/amr_faqs.php

But if you only do amr rtp passthrough in Asterisk you can use it
withouth any license.

Best regards
Sergio