[asterisk-dev] Driver support for Dialogic DNI cards

Darren Nickerson darren.nickerson at ifax.com
Thu May 15 13:27:26 CDT 2008

>>> Dialogic
>>> this?

>>> IIRC, the dialogic channel driver is closed source and only packaged
>>> with Asterisk Business Edition.
>>
>> The chan_dialogic channel driver is not packaged in Asterisk
>> Business Edition and is not available in any form.  The project
>> fizzled after Intel sold the Dialogic division to Eicon.  The only
>> suggestion that I can make is to express your interest in this
>> functionality to the Dialogic and Digium sales teams.

Dwayne,

I think I might have a clue as to why chan_dialogic was abandoned ...
we're a close Dialogic partner and I know for certain that
chan_dialogicdiva (which I believe is based on chan_capi) is being
actively developed by the team in Germany. In fact, Dialogic
themselves are looking to enter the asterisk market in a big way, but
it's not with the DNI cards any more (if it ever was, I'm going on
what the original poster suggested might have been going on at one
time). Instead, it's the Dialogic Diva Server boards that they're
promoting for use with chan_dialogicdiva.

We have a bit of information up on this at

http://www.telephonydepot.com/Articles.asp?ID=134

Perhaps the new company (post acquisition) decided to focus on the
diva server boards because they already had excellent CAPI support,
which would allow them to leverage an existing channel driver without
reinventing the wheel?

Sincerely,

--
Darren Nickerson