[asterisk-dev] Driver support for Dialogic DNI cards

William Moore nyphbl8d at gmail.com
Thu May 15 07:37:36 CDT 2008

> There is little information from Digium on the support for these cards. Only
> some very dated posts mentioning the possibility of support using
> chan_dialogic driver. These posts date back to 2004-05, so I'm not sure
> about the status of this driver. One post mentions that this driver is
> bundled with Asterisk Business Edition. The Digium representative could not
> confirm this.
>
> Can anyone comment on the status of driver support in Asterisk for Dialogic
> DNI cards (DNI/300, DNI/2410, etc.)? If supported, how does one get this?
>
> thanks,
> ~Giri

IIRC, the dialogic channel driver is closed source and only packaged
with Asterisk Business Edition.  I think the closed source part was a
mandate from Intel/Dialogic.  Looking on Digium's site, I only see one
reference to Dialogic and there's no information.  I'm surprised the
feature isn't advertised and even more surprised that part of the
Digium sales team didn't know anything about it.  I'd call again and
ask to speak to the manager if they still don't know what you're
talking about.  Dwayne, in Digium's software dev group, might be able
to better answer your question.

William