[asterisk-dev] Commit 115588 (and chan_skinny)

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue May 13 19:33:58 CDT 2008

Mark Michelson wrote:

> Yikes, sorry about that. Apparently my merge did not go as smoothly as I would
> have liked here. I will revert the unwanted changes made to chan_skinny in this
> commit and try to make sure there weren't any other ill effects.

This is why the CODING-GUIDELINES document contains the following statement:

- Read the patch
Before submitting a patch, *read* the actual patch file to be sure that
all the changes you expect to be there are, and that there are no
surprising changes you did not expect. During your development, that
part of Asterisk may have changed, so make sure you compare with the
latest CVS.

It is very easy for things like this to happen, especially when using
automated processes that make large numbers of changes in a single
commit. Be careful :-)

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Director of Software Technologies