[asterisk-dev] IPv6 status

Simon Perreault simon.perreault at viagenie.ca
Tue May 13 07:46:10 CDT 2008

On Monday 12 May 2008 20:48:08 Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> I have been off doing other projects for the past 2 months, including
> setting up my native IPv6 environment.
>
> What is the status/availablility of IPv6 in Asterisk 1.6?

Take a look here: http://www.asteriskv6.org

We maintain the IPv6 branch. The goal is to have it be included in the trunk.
But you know the limits of a volunteer project...

> I have learned that at least my snom phones can support IPv6 (as well,
> of course a softphone on my PC) for testing...

The IPv6 support in Snom phones still has rough corners, but it works well
once you get the configuration right. If you have problems just ask me, I
have lots of experience with them.