[asterisk-dev] CDRS and transfer

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Sat May 10 09:43:20 CDT 2008

Grey Man wrote:
> It's a design bug in Asterisk - it will only produce one CDR per bridged call.

Yeah, it's a design flaw to you, but not to everyone.  Changing the way CDRs
work always breaks someone's setup ...

> http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=11093
>
> A few of us are using a Ghandi style protest to try and get the core
> Asterisk core developers to take an interest in it :-). Fee free to
> add your comment to the above bug but the fact that you've posted to
> the list is great as it brings it to people's attention again.The
> issue get a post from a new source every two weeks or so.

There is interest.  However, my interest is in getting a completely new system
developed, which we have people actively working on right now.  Have you read
anything about Steve's project he started a while ago on CEL (Call Event
Logging)?  That is the only way that we can accurately log what happens in
Asterisk, when a bunch of stuff happens in the call.

--
Russell Bryant
Senior Software Engineer