[asterisk-dev] Libpri version for 1.6 Asterisk

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Fri May 9 11:50:16 CDT 2008

On Fri, May 09, 2008 at 11:50:42AM -0400, Steve Totaro wrote:
> On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 4:22 PM, Matthew Fredrickson <creslin at digium.com> wrote:
> > Public Service Announcement :-)
> >
> > Just to make it clear to everyone who may be confused by the recent
> > libpri activity (removal of the 1.6.0-beta tarball and links, among
> > other things), a mistake was made when the libpri-1.6.0-beta tarball was
> > created.
> >
> > We are not planning on releasing a 1.6 version of libpri, but instead
> > you need to use the recently released version 1.4.4 of libpri with
> > Asterisk 1.6.  There were not big enough changes for Asterisk 1.6 to
> > require a major ABI change release of libpri, so instead most of the 1.6
> > specific functions were back ported to the 1.4 branch of libpri
> > (including BRI support, as well as a few other things such as TBCT for
> > Q.SIG)
> >
> > For Zaptel, you still only need a 1.4 release.
> >
> > Hope that clears the air a bit for anyone out there who were not aware
> > of what was going on.
> >
> > --
> > Matthew Fredrickson
> > Software/Firmware Engineer
> > Digium, Inc.
> >

> Can Zaptel 1.2 be used on Asterisk 1.4

I think it won't build for the trivial reason that zaptel.conf has moved
from /usr/include/linux to /usr/include/zaptel . This can be
worked-around by a symlink. There are also some specific newer features
in Zaptel that are needed for chan_zap . IIRC meetme and anything that
simply needs Zaptel timing will work.

> and the other way around?

Should generally work, with the extra symlinks. Worked well for me with
zaptel up to 1.4.5.1 . Didn't try it with later versions.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com