[asterisk-dev] Asterisk 1.4.20-rc1 Now Available

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Mon May 5 10:49:49 CDT 2008

Tim Panton wrote:
> Yep, it is a hack, but it might be worth considering instead of the
> effort of trying to backport
> the ast2obj fix, which is (of course) a much better fix.

Thanks for the ideas.

I'm not really concerned about the effort of backporting.  I don't mind doing it
at all.  I was mainly concerned about invasiveness.  However, I think I'd like
to just complete the backport and go with it.

Asterisk 1.4.20 includes these changes, and is currently in release candidate
status.  Hopefully the testing we get on the RC will find any glaring problems
with the approach.  Then, I'll roll out the 1.2 version that includes these
changes along with 1.4.20.

--
Russell Bryant
Senior Software Engineer