[asterisk-dev] beta 7: lots of "doing dnsmgr_lookup"

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Mon Mar 31 12:13:30 CDT 2008

Ron Arts wrote:
>> I am a bit confused wrt the release policy. Wasn't there supposed to be a feature
>> freeze for asterisk 1.6 since beta 5? I'm sorry, but I just don't understand it.
>> According to the beta5 release statement:
>> "As of this beta of 1.6.0, 1.6.0 is now feature frozen".
>>
>> Or does that mean that only 1.6.0 is frozen but 1.6.1 isn't?
>> I'm sorry but I didn't follow the discussion about release management
>> on this list.
>>
> All right, I'm sorry, I just read a release proposal, and it says that
> new subversions can contain new functionality.

Yes, that is true.  But, 1.6.0 _is_ feature frozen now.  But, as I said in
another message, I accidentally included new features from trunk in 1.6.0-beta7,
which should not have been the case.  You should not notice any behavior
differences within a 1.6.X release in the future.

--
Russell Bryant
Senior Software Engineer